The COVID-19 pandemic is very serious and impacts some of the most vulnerable in our community. We are paying close attention to state and local guidelines for how we will operate our market in 2020. Several things we are doing:
Here is our COVID 19 Reopening Safety Plan. Some highlights below:
- We are not allowed to offer any forms of entertainment at this time. Our musicians have been a great addition to our market. We will miss them and we will have them back as soon as we get the ok.
- We are not allowed to offer cooking demonstrations or offer samples from open containers.
- Our vendors will be spaced out and we encourage costumers to practice social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at Vendor booths and at the Manger’s tent.
- Facemasks must be worn at the market. Anyone who is over age two and able to medically tolerate a face-covering must wear one. Volunteers and Vendors are required to wear masks too.
- We are requesting that our vendors use gloves or practice good hand sanitizing.
- Costumers are not to handle the food.
- The Vendors will have bags to put your items in.
- We will be offering an option for those who find it difficult to shop on their own, or who are at high risk for the Covid-19 virus. We are setting up an Alfred Farmers Market Pre-Order system which will list our Food Vendors and the items that they will have for sale each week. Items can be ordered ahead and picked up the day of the market. You will pay when you come to get your food with either cash or a check. We cannot accept credit cards for this type of purchase.
- Volunteers will be available to shop for your items and bring them to your car.